Monday 21 September 2009

Knopfler to play at the LG


Dire Straits legend Mark Knopfler has announced details of a solo UK tour, including a gig at the LG Arena at The NEC, Birmingham, on May 23, 2010.

The run of dates will be the singer songwriters first UK tour in two years, and he’s looking forward to hitting the road once again.

“It’s like being captain of a little fighting ship really, and I enjoy the team thing of being on the road, I enjoy being with the crew,” he says.

“I suppose one of the reasons I like it so much is that I know it’s not going to be a year-long thing.”

Knopfler’s new album Get Lucky, is released next week and fans coming to the show can expect to hear tracks from the record, as well as a mix of his solo back catalogue and classic Dire Straits songs

No comments:

Post a Comment